Rutter Associates is a leading financial risk management consulting firm. Our areas of expertise include:
- assessment and management of market risk, credit risk and liquidity risk associated with financial market positions and transactions;
- valuation of financial assets and liabilities, including interest rate, foreign exchange, credit, equity, commodity and other derivatives,as well as complex structured products;
- model development, review and validation;
- analysis of hedge effectiveness;
- regulatory examinations;
- financial market forensics, investigations and dispute resolution support;
- training and education.
Since our founding in 1999, Rutter Associates’ clients have included global and regional banks, asset managers, insurance companies, industrial companies, government agencies and regulators and financial market industry associations and utilities. Our clients include leading financial institutions and others in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Philippines, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, the U.K. and the United States.
Rutter Associates is led by Rick Grove (CEO), Bob Selvaggio (Head of Analytics) and Charles Smithson (Founding Partner), each of whom has more than 30 years of experience in the financial markets. A team of highly talented mathematicians and engineers rounds out the firm’s full-time professional staff. The team is complemented by a diverse group of leading academics and retired financial markets executives who devote part of their time to working with the firm’s clients.
Rutter Associates maintains close ties to the financial industry and has been active in various industry associations, including several benchmarking and sound practice development exercises. The firm also maintains close working relations with regulators and academics. Members of the Rutter Associates team are frequent lecturers at educational conferences and have published numerous books and articles on issues relating to risk management, valuation and financial market industry practice.
Rutter Associates takes great pride in the quality of our firm’s work, our reputation for integrity and independence and the value that we provide to our clients.